Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yahoo Canada - Bloody Cowards!

AAAAhhhhhhhhhrrrrggg. Ok, so now you know something is up. Yahoo is up! Or down as the case may actually be. I found myself a little niche leaving comments on different news stories on Yahoo Canada News a while ago and I thought what a great place to begin to understand some different viewpoints. You see I don't do chatrooms because they are never topic specific unless they are technical and I wasn't reading the tech news. I just wanted something general that I could throw my 2 cents into every once in a while. Well. It was bound to happen sooner or later. I ran into a racist. I tripped on him while reading something about Michael Jackson selling Neverland Ranch. Honestly, I was killing time and not terribly interested so I made the mistake of scrolling through the comments. Lo and behold I found the little bastard and he had written something like this (I'm paraphrasing the second comment):

Wow! what a surprise... a Negro with all the money inthe world goes broke..... Uncut_Bob POSTED WED, FEB 27, 2008 07:37 AM -0500

They (to their credit) completely removed VeinyCock who said something like "All those Knuckle dragging negroes want to do is steal and not work and pay no bills andcommit crimes."

Needless to say I became somewhat distressed. I tried restraint. I did actually surf away from the page only to be blinded by unreasoning anger. I now realize that it was completely off the original topic, actually validated his garbage and presented myself in a very un-Christian way. I couldn't help myself however and as I always have a spare can of vitriol lying around I let fly.

Please excuse the lack of coherence, I was angry and with the filters that Yahoo uses, it took about seven edits to get something through. I had no idea that beginning a sentence with the word "As" would be construed as being offensive. I have done nothing to edit it from the original post so here goes:

"Dear VeinlikeC*ck and Pls_c*tmythroatBob - ES&D. I'd loveto drag my fist across your head, and not pay any hospital bills for thumpin' yer a** and committing crimes like stealing your ugly wives and mothers and setting them up as a beytches for my dog to use. True I might have to get him drunk and blindfold him first but we negroes (Yahoo wouldn't let you say *igg*r would they?) do have all kinds of time on our hands not working, while somehow managing to get blamed for taking all the jobs. I'm no pacifist when it comes to unwarranted attacks. How about you ask someone with some sense to help you out before you decide to open your mouth. It will save you much embarrasment and confusion later. I would have said shame but it is apparent that you have none as it is a higher brain function that requires introspection and honesty. I'll try to explain it to you in terms you understand. Be quiet idi*t. You have no idea what you are talking about. Please, die a horrible, screaming death alone in some sicko's basement. Visit some relatives, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree so there are bound to be quite a few psycopaths ready to drop out of your closet at the slightest provocation. Conversly, you could ignore this and just go back to s*rewing your sisters you in-br*d, hill-billy, drains on society. You two are shining examples of the reasons abortion is legal and we have to have laws against inc*st. The gene-pool needs lots of chlorine. Not just to get rid of you but also to disinfect the stinking morass your passing will have left behind. I now understand why people say it takes all kinds to make the world go around. If it weren't for you I'd have nothing to wipe off of the bottom of my shoe. "

I realize that they were probably just trying to have something to say and didn't consider that it might have to be intelligent to be worth sharing but if you jump off a bridge, you can't honestly be surprised that it will hurt. If you are lucky you will die quickly. That is all you can really ask for IMHO.

About 15 mins after this exchange, I realized that no news pages on Yahoo would open for me. I shut down first my browser and then my entire stack and nothing. No news , No comments No Nothing! After repeated attempts I temporarily threw in the towel. I was blocked. Fair? Maybe. Honestly I don't think so. But I will go with it. Heck, I don' t have a choice do I? ;-)

At any rate I logged back in later and noticed that although I could now access the news, i couldn't actually publish a comment. Ok, that was a compromise and I guess a worthy one. I can handle that. I really didn't help the forum out and I was somewhat abusive which is not generally my nature. I'll attack ideas and structures with abandon but personal attacks have to be earned. I believe he earned it. He got it anyway.

One day later, much to my chagrin, I find that they have removed the comments altogether!
How craven! The only reason left for it's existence and they have abandoned it without a fight.
Why do I need to go there now? News - Google, Reuters, CNN, Fox, El-Jazeera & various blogs. Search - Google (hands down), Mail - Gmail / Hotmail. Remind me again why I need them? So this is my official first announcement of my abandonment of all my Yahoo mail acccounts. If I like you, or think you have something to say, you'll get a message. If not, you're spam and they can kep you for as long as they wish.

Sayonara Yahoo. It's been a good run but in the end you came up short and it's your own fault.
I can't find a reason to stay so you can keep your impotent news articles. By the time you got them they weren't news but at least you let us comment on it. Now I see that looking at your webpages, without a purpose makes me irritable. So long. Best of luck.

No comments: